Sunday, October 2, 2011

Pumpkins on my mind!!

There's a chill in the air and football on TV. Got me to thinking about pumpkins. I thought of jack-o-lanterns, pumpkin flavored fudge, pumpkin pie, pumpkin cake and, even, pumpkin ale!

Well, The Big Guy promised to take me to our local brew pub this week if the pumpkin ale is in o I'll be sure to check their website all week. It's due any day, now.

In return, all I had to promise was some sort of pumpkin goodie tonight. So, I'm making our favorite pumpkin cake. It's in the oven now so I can't post a pic yet. If there's enough left for a photo session, I'll try to show it to y'all tomorrow.

In the meantime, I'll share the recipe. Take my word for it, it's absolutely luscious!! (It was originally my cousin's recipe, so we all call it "Carole's Cake".) Hope y'all like it as much as our gang does!

Pumpkin Cake:

Grease and sugar an angel food cake or bundt pan.

Mix with whisk:
2 cups pumpkin
2 cups sugar
1 cup vegetable oil
4 eggs
2/3 cup water

Add and mix by hand:
3 ½ cups flour
2 tsp. baking soda
2 tsp. baking powder
1 tsp. cinnamon
1 tsp. ground cloves
1 tsp. nutmeg

Bake at 325° for 1 ¼ - 1 ½ hours. Cool 10 minutes and remove from pan. Dust with powdered sugar.

** Great with cream cheese icing.

Enjoy!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment